Request a speaker
Horizon Hospice is committed to supporting families who are caring for the seriously ill. Also, we are dedicated to sharing our expertise regarding issues such as pain management, healthcare planning (advance directives), and coping with grief and loss. If you belong to a group that would benefit from a presentation on these, or other topics related to caregiving and serious illness, please call Mark Hilditch, our Director of Outreach, at 509-489-4581. We are happy to tailor our presentations to fit the needs of your members.
Hospice Education Topics
Horizon Hospice enjoys being an educational resource in many areas of well-being. The length and content of any of these presentations can be adapted to your organization's needs.
1. Death, Dying, and Loss in America: How We Deal With It, How We Don't
2. Cultural Expectations on How to Manage Loss: Healthy or Sick?
3. Grief Styles: Assessing and Honoring Them
4. Entry Points for Hospice Care: The Physician's Dilemma
5. Asking for Hospice Care: The Family's Dilemma
6. How Hospice Works, Why Hospice Works
7. Best Practices for Palliative Care Teams
8. The Future of Hospice Care: Trends and Needs of End-of-Life Care
9. What are the Various Characteristics of a Good Death
10. Fear of Death, Denial of Death, and How It Affects Quality of Life
11. The Worldview of the Dying
Better Living and Working Seminars
Also, we help with work-life balance programs such as:
1. Elder vs. Elderly: How We Age in America
2. Care for Caregivers and Health Care Providers: Stress Management, Transition Management, and Effective Work Environments
3. Effective Leadership in Health Care